My verse....

"I will still be joyful and glad, because the Lord God is my savior. The Sovereign Lord gives me strength.
He makes me sure-footed as a deer and keeps me safe on the mountains."
Habakkuk 3:16-18

Monday, June 1, 2015

Almost half way there!

Well, a friend of mine reminded me at church yesterday that I have not posted to this blog in a bit and some of you are using it to keep up with my progress!  As of this coming Thursday, I will be half way finished with the 33 radiation treatments.  So far, so good.  They are coming along fine.  I am using hemp oil cream on my skin after each one and so far no redness or burning.  Dr. Baseman sees me every Friday after the treatment and thinks I am doing fine.  He asks me if I am feeling any fatigue.  Well, yes I am, but am not so sure that it is not from the chemo.  It takes a person a long time to get their energy back after chemo.  But I have the added issue of the broken knee and what that has taken out of me!  I'm telling you, it has been tiring to walk around with the heavy brace and with crutches.  The fatigue I am feeling is bearable and probably caused by a combination of all I've had going on this year.

I see Dr. Lemel tomorrow.  It's been 8 weeks since I broke  the knee and he is taking my healing very slowly.  I am pushing the limit, though.  He told me I could walk with the brace and one crutch out of the house and without the brace and with one crutch inside.  Well, for a couple of weeks now, I haven't worn the brace at all and am now only using my cane for walking outside and nothing to aid me inside.  Yesterday Frank and I even walked on the state road where we usually walk.  Of course I didn't go quite as far as we usually do, but still Gabby loved us walking with her after so long a time.  I can't wait to show Dr. Lemel how well the knee is doing.  (A church friend reminded me "those fellows have degrees for a reason, you know" so I hope I haven't pushed the limit too much.)  I probably am getting about 110 to 115 degrees rotation already, which is great.  But I still have pain in the knee when I walk too much or hold it in one position too long, or get up after sitting a long time, etc.  I just think I need to get started on some physical therapy to work the gluts so they are strengthened.  We'll see what Dr. Lemel tells me tomorrow!

Thanks for continuing to pray for me and to ask about my progress.  I know all this will be behind me before too long and then I can spend time getting my strength back and doing some household chores I have let go too long!

Frank and I love and thank God for all our friends!!  Keep the faith for/with us!!  And keep offering up prayers; we feel them!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment