My verse....

"I will still be joyful and glad, because the Lord God is my savior. The Sovereign Lord gives me strength.
He makes me sure-footed as a deer and keeps me safe on the mountains."
Habakkuk 3:16-18

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I'm finished with Radiation!!

 Today was my last radiation treatment and I am so happy to be finished.  I met with Dr. Baseman yesterday and he is really pleased with how I've done with it all.  Have a share a couple of pictures.

This first one is with Lorene, my radiation therapist.  Missy was the other therapist but she wasn't there today.  Lorene said when she got sent to one of their other locations, Missy moaned that she would "miss Mrs. Lipe's last treatment."  I hate I didn't get to tell her good-bye.  These two ladies were so good to me!!
This next shot is with Kathy, the nurse, with us holding a completion certificate they gave me.  She was always concerned with my radiation burns and my healing!
It is SO good to be finished.  I hope in  2 or 3 weeks my energy level will pick up some, too.

On Monday I also completed the last physical therapy on my knee.  I will continue to do exercises they gave me and will continue to see improvement, but at least I don't have to go to PT anymore. Yea!!

Now I am looking forward to seeing Dad and my family this weekend as we gather to celebrate his 95th birthday!  I have only seen him once since Christmas so I can't wait. 

I will report back in to you after I see Dr. Harkness, my oncologist, on July 22.  Let's hope things are looking up then!!

Thanks again to all of you who have continued to pray for us so faithfully.  It means so much to know that we have you prayer warriors lifting us up in prayer.  It's been a LONG 10 months, and I've hit a wall several times, but always one of my family or friends were there with a call, an e-mail message, a card, something to help light my way.  Thanks to the ladies at church who have continued to write up the Sunday News for me each week--Pam, Martha, Karla, Paula!! (I haven't publicly thanked these ladies yet.) What a blessing. 

I am now seeing the light at the end of that dark tunnel we've been walking through all this time.  It is so great to come out into the sunshine!!  I could not have made it through all this without all of your love helping to light the way for us!!!  So a big Thank you!!!  And much love to you all.
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment