My verse....

"I will still be joyful and glad, because the Lord God is my savior. The Sovereign Lord gives me strength.
He makes me sure-footed as a deer and keeps me safe on the mountains."
Habakkuk 3:16-18

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Buckle your seat belts---today's the day....

Well the day is here for my first chemo treatment.  I am trying to catch this blog up to today, since I started it late.  I did notice my other entries say I posted them at 2:00 am, so I need to adjust the time zone being used.  I did not wake up at 2:00!  It is 5:00 when I am writing this.  And I slept good, worry free, knowing I'm ready for today, safe in God's hands---and those of the wonderful people He has sent me to for care.

I am aware that just as things for me have been changing the last few weeks, they change dramatically today with this first treatment.  I am anxious to see how my body reacts.  Many people are having chemo and working full time, so I am sure "I've got this!"  Frank has decided not to go with us and that's fine with me.  He will have many more times.  I am so comforted that Becky, my other sister, is here with me.  She's so upbeat and talkative and cheerful.  I'll post back this afternoon to document how it went today.

I continue to get so many sweet, sweet cards in the mail and very caring emails and texts sending prayers and warm and loving thoughts.  Just before I went to sleep last night, i got emails from friends Al and Ellen, Lee and Margaret, and Linda and Larry, all telling me they are with me in spirit today.  My pastor Ann called to check on me and I got a text from my son---all very comforting.  My niece Leigh started a prayer chain on Facebook last night and so MANY folks were joining in prayers for me.  My niece Carol sent me the sweetest book in yesterday's mail that I just peeped into and it will be so good to read.  I can't wait to get started.  My niece Jean and her 4 precious children are wearing pink bracelets for me.  So much love and support!

I sent Jessica, Dillon, and Meg bracelets to wear and Dillon's is blue, rather than pink, and says, Fight Like a Girl.  Ha!  I figured even a high school junior boy can wear a bracelet like that.  I sent my sweet 94-year-old dad a pink bracelet asking him to wear it today and then if he wanted he could lay it up on his chest.  He said he put it on immediately upon opening the package and will wear it through this battle.  His only complaint was it is coming up on winter and with wearing long sleeves, others will not see it to also support me.  What an absolute treasure it has been to have my dad with us for all these years.  He is one of the most positive people you will ever meet!  How can you be so upbeat and positive at 94!!!  What a role model he is for us.

Well, buckle your seat belts---we're in for a long and bumpy ride and it starts today!  Whoa, Nellie!  I'm in the saddle, ready to go!  (I know, seat belts and saddles do not really go together, but it reads well,  Ha!)
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment