My verse....

"I will still be joyful and glad, because the Lord God is my savior. The Sovereign Lord gives me strength.
He makes me sure-footed as a deer and keeps me safe on the mountains."
Habakkuk 3:16-18

Monday, November 17, 2014

I felt yucky!

Well, the second treatment is over and I'm sorry I did not post sooner.  I was busy Friday morning and after that I just felt to yucky to write up an entry! 

My wonderful friend Mimi drove me to the second treatment and stayed with me. This one took longer as they were busy and the nurse could not get to us for almost an hour!!  I did not like having to sit and wait so long!

Here are Mimi and I during the treatment:
All hooked up and starting the saline in this shot.
 Here I am taking the red medication.  You can see if in the line going into me.  It's one of the "bad" drugs, but hopefully will kill the cancer cells.
 Here's friend Mimi keeping me company and cheered up during the treatment. We had a great time talking and catching up!
 I decided I would make little "thank you" boxes for those friends who drive me to treatments.  This is the first one and Mimi got it!  (I need to make sister Becky one, too, since she also drove me.) 
 Here is a side view with a little HOPE ribbon and Thank you on the tag.  I have some special candies I love inside. 
Our wonderful friends Dave and Susan brought over delicious lasagna for supper the night of my treatment.  We have so many friends who are caring for us and it means the world to us. 

I have two more of the treatments with these "heavy duty" drugs to go, then I'll have 12 weekly treatments with another drug.  But I am learning that I need to plan on having day 2 and 3 be "down days" for me.  Saturday all I did was lay on the bed and watch Hallmark Christmas movies.  They are so sweet and a nice way to pass time when one feels yucky!

This morning I feel better and will probably be 100% tomorrow.  I am going to Pigeon Forge on Tuesday - Thursday this week with my 94-year-old dad and my sister Cynthia, so I am looking forward to that.  Glad I'll be feeling better!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment