My verse....

"I will still be joyful and glad, because the Lord God is my savior. The Sovereign Lord gives me strength.
He makes me sure-footed as a deer and keeps me safe on the mountains."
Habakkuk 3:16-18

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ready for Round 2

In a few minutes I leave for round 2 of my chemo treatments.  I know what to expect this time and am again ready for this.  The last two weeks have been good ones for me, for us.  Our "chemo coach" Linda said, "as the first treatment goes, so goes the rest of them" and she thought it was a good sign that I have not gotten nauseated nor had any bone pains.  We are delighted that I have only had a couple of days of feeling "wilted" and lacked energy.  The other days have been good ones, so I pray that continues, although I realize the treatments are cumulative and the fatigue could increase.  For now, I'm enjoying the good days. 

Tomorrow is day 15 and my hair is beginning to fall out.  No, not in big clumps yet, but many, many individual hairs as I wash and brush my hair--50 or so this morning dropped in my lap as I dried my hair.  I am enjoying this shorter "do."  I'll wear it like it is while there is enough there. Then Frank will give me a "buzz" cut with Gabby's clippers.  He sort of waiting to do that.  Humm...  Could it be that he's TOO eager to buzz me?  Ha!  He said if losing my hair is the worst thing we have to endure, that's gravy.  (Easy for him to say, he has all his hair.  Ha!  But honestly I don't think I'm worried about it.)

Our friends and family continue to surround us with their prayers, cards, love and devotion!  I have had 3 couples offer to bring dinner to us tonight.  Dave and Susan are bringing us lasagna.  Yummy!  What a wonderful blessing our friends are!!!  The only tears I shed now are when friends send me such sweet, sweet messages in emails or in cards and I am overwhelmed with gratitude for these wonderful people surrounding us with their love!

My friend Mimi is driving me to chemo today.  So many other friends says they "want to take a turn" that I guess we will have to set up a schedule.  I look forward to the times to visit with them each individually while the chemo drains in. 

I'll post again tonight or after my shot tomorrow afternoon.   I'm ready for Round 2 and can handle it!!!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment