My verse....

"I will still be joyful and glad, because the Lord God is my savior. The Sovereign Lord gives me strength.
He makes me sure-footed as a deer and keeps me safe on the mountains."
Habakkuk 3:16-18

Monday, November 17, 2014

It's all gone!

Just as Linda, our nurse practitioner, predicted, my hair started coming out in earnest Saturday and yesterday, days 17 and 18.  Today I was so bothered by all the hair falling out when I washed and dried my hair, that I told Frank it was TIME to do the buzz cut.  We decided not to shave my head, as I am supposed to avoid any nicks and cuts to my body (for fear of bacteria entering and settling in my port).  Frank used our clippers we use on our little Gabby and he did a good job of cutting me to the scalp!  I do not have a picture to share (didn't want to scare you!) but I'm OK with the almost bald head.  Frank says I have a "pretty head".  Me, I'm not to sure, but it is what it is.  It had to be done and would all go eventually anyway.

I have been wearing hats all morning around the house, to get used to a hat on my head.  These of course do not match my top, but here are two hats I am trying to get used to wearing.
 This one is my favorite.  I will have to learn how to shape it when I wear it, but I love the tweed color.
Honestly I think I'll probably go around here bald a lot of the time unless my head gets cold.   I slept in my Survivor buff and really liked the feel of it, so I'll probably use that a lot, too.

So the story goes on.  Was I upset to clip off all my hair?  No, not really.  Did I cry? Definitely not.  I know that is part of what these drugs to when they are healing my body.

Oh, on another note:  Linda (NP) found in my last blood test that my parathyroid hormone was almost triple what it should be.  So next Monday, I am going in for an ultrasound of my throat to see if there is something there.  Linda predicted I could have a benign tumor, but you never know.  I am glad they are checking everything about me to get it all fixed at one time!!  Will keep you posted on what that ultrasounds shows (or does not show).
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment